Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer Update

Hi Y'all.

I threw in the y'all as I have been more and more made fun of at work and am determined to say it more than usual now. My manager said y'all the other day, so I believe my work here is done. :)

As for updates: Kurtis has been assigned to squadron 132, which stays in Whidbey Island for the next three years. Thankfully, I do not have to make the painful choice of job/husband. He is very excited, although a little overwhelmed. He told me his "busy season" is starting as he is set to deploy in September. I know the feeling. I am very nervous about our first deployment and thankful I have met lots of new friends who have promised to "keep me occupied." Looks like I'll be spending even more time in Bellingham! It's also convenient that his deployment is set to run through my busy season. We never saw eachother anyway. Kurtis was named Top Hook at the boat and has done really well for himself, which I am not surprised. We are very blessed to get our top choice of squadron.

I'm so thankful to have Sam, Kim, and Caroline nearby as having family nearby makes all the difference. I realized this weekend that I have spent at least one night every weekend of the last month at their place. They have been so great. Lady and Mack are best of friends.

Work is going great, although its still pretty busy. I like traveling and seeing/meeting people I never would have otherwise. I was eating lunch in downtown Seattle this past week by the Needle and just sat there remembering all those college nights watching Grey's Anatomy and thinking how cool it would be to live somewhere like this. Never dreamed I ever would. Life seems to go by so fast, yet when you stop to think of the details, so slow. I never thought this small-town Texas girl would be exploring Anchorage, AK, but life throws you surprises, especially military life.

Now that we are staying, we can start possibly looking for a house, we'll see. I would like to be able to put 20% down, so lots of saving. I think we would remain in Anacortes. But the great news, now we have time to think, plan, decide, whatever, a luxury in military life. Possibly even a baby in the next few years? We'll see. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo glad that things are looking your way! I am sad though that you'll be spending more time in Bellingham....that is even less time than the already almost no time that I get to see ya! :-( I am so glad that yours and Kurtis' dreams are coming true....it's such an amazing thing to see/know that through all of the moves, sadness, and long-distance that the military can bring...it can also bring happiness! I am so happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete

Followers