Sunday, April 11, 2010

Just thinking....

I was thinking this past week that as hard and as unpredictable military life can be, it truly is amazing to travel to different parts of the country and meet new people. I met some best friends in Mississippi that I still talk to weekly and email daily and now the bonds are starting to form in Bellingham. I would have never met these incredible people and communities had the military not forced me to leave my comfort zone.

Work is going really well - I can say that although there are days I'm incredibly stressed, I really like my job. Growing is painful, but I consider it a privilege to learn from some of the best in my field. Things are starting to calm down quite a bit as we are wrapping up most of our audits. I am leaning towards the Financial Industries niche as I think it will be the best for my career and I really enjoy working with those individuals. The FI niche seems to be a bit more "structured" and organized than other niches, which fits me perfectly. It will probably be a year or so before officially declaring a "niche." I should be certified (finally) around October or November. I still need to fit in an Ethics class and Regulations class, but that shouldn't take longer than a day.

Other than that, life is running smoothly. Kurtis is exceling (as always) in his flight career and we enjoy our time together. It's nice to hang out on the weekends without a care in the world (Yes, I know we need to enjoy this time in our life before kids.) We are actually looking for some new bikes to take up riding on the weekends. I think its going to be a lot of fun. He should be assigned a squadron in June, and then we will see which way the wind takes us. I refuse to worry about it, as the Lord has not let us down yet. I fully trust He will place us where we need to be and what is in our best interest, whether we prefer it or not. I didn't want to go to Mississippi, and then I wouldn't trade the friends I made there for the world, so I'm just going to let go of worrying and let it happen.

My parents are selling their house in Jones Creek and moving to Lake Jackson and Jeanna, Jeremy, and their gang are moving to England. I think things are crazy at home with everything going on. I thought of going home to see "home" one last time, but then decided it would be too hard. It's for the best, but its always hard when you grew up in the same house your entire life. Life is constantly changing. I can't believe Jace is almost a year and Kurtis was upset the other night when he thought Noah was Carter as he is getting so big. I think a much needed vacation to Texas with both of us is needed soon. We already have a fund set up for a Europe vacation and dependent on the military and what happens, we may take a long trip next year.

Warm thoughts to all!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you like your job and that you got to go back to MS for a weekend and hang out with some of your "besties." :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers