I just completed my first week at Moss Adams, and so far, its been a great experience. The people have been so kind and welcoming and they treat each other professionally and respectfully. Moss Adams is primarily located along the west coast, with their headquarters in Seattle, and is the 11th largest CPA firm in the country. The learning curve is pretty steep, I can't believe how much I learned in just one week. Unlike EY, Moss Adams doesn't require all work to be done at the client site, so 75% of the time, I'll actually be in office. The learning and training will never end, which I like because my work will never be routine or boring. Everyday is something new! I am already booked on clients through June, with most of my clients in the financial industry. I was able to voice a preference when I interviewed, and am glad most of my clients are FI because it means less travel and its a great foundation for the future. No matter where we move, there will always be FI clients. Most of the staff are traveling every other week, while I'm scheduled for one week in February to Seattle and then 2 weeks of travel in May to south Seattle. Ironically, one of the interns that started is a Texas Aggie, along with one other Aggie in the office, a Rice graduate, and a partner from Mississippi. In some weird, bizarre way, it makes me feel more comfortable and that I'm not in a totally foreign place.
Kurtis has already commented on how much happier I seem. These last two years have been a big challenge career wise and its so great to finally be working towards something again. I know it won't be easy, and I know that the next 3 months of my life will pretty much consist of work, work, and then more work, but its totally worth it to be able to lay my head on the pillow at night knowing I contributed in some way to society. 41 weeks to go until I'm licensed!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay!!!!!!!! You're a hard worker and derserve this! Congrats and I know you'll do great! :-)
ReplyDelete